2490 Kalakaua Ave
Honolulu, HI 96815
MAJOR GENERAL PAUL H. MCGILLICUDDY-Retired May 01,2015 Paul is a retired USAF General Officer, three time Wing Commander, fighter pilot and former Pacific Air Forces Vice Commander. He's a cyber security policy and guidance pro, one-of-a-kind unmanned aerial vehicle expert and a renowned and proven Air Force leader. He's currently working as a Consultant with a focus on leadership and the defense industry. He's also a computer programmer, budding social media guru and is afflicted with an addiction to golf and surfing. He and his beautiful wife MaryJo are blessed with an amazingly awesome daughter and live on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. You are encouraged to learn more about Paul at his website, www.paulmcgillicuddy.com
General McGillicuddy was commissioned in 1984 after graduating from the U.S. Air Force Academy. He has served as an instructor and evaluator pilot, flight commander, and inspector general. He has commanded a fighter squadron, an air base wing, a reconnaissance wing, and an air expeditionary wing. His staff duties include tours at Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Headquarters U.S. Air Force and with the Operations Directorate on the Joint Staff. Prior to his current assignment, he was the Chief of Staff of Pacific Air Forces at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii.
General McGillicuddy is a command pilot with more than 3,600 hours in the KC-10, F-16, F-111, U-2, RQ-4, AT-38, T-38 and T-37 with 28 combat sorties in support of Operation Desert Storm.
1984 Bachelor of Science degree in general studies, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1988 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1994 Master of Science degree in management, Troy State University, Ala.
1997 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1998 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Master's degree in national resource strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington D.C.
2008 Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2009 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Saint Petersburg, Fla.
2011 Joint Force Air Component Commander (JFACC) Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. June 1984 - June 1985, Student, undergraduate pilot training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
2. July 1985 - June 1987, T-37 Instructor Pilot, 37th Flying Training Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. June 1987 - July 1989, T-37 Instructor Pilot, 559th Flying Training Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
4. July 1989 - October 1989, Student, lead-in fighter training, Holloman AFB, N.M.
5. October 1989 - April 1990, Student, F-111D pilot training, Cannon AFB, N.M.
6. April 1990 - June 1992, Scheduler and Instructor Pilot, 493rd Fighter Squadron, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England
7. June 1992 - August 1995, Flight Commander, Assistant Operations Officer and Instructor Pilot, 435th Fighter Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
8. August 1995 - July 1997, Action Officer and Executive Officer to the Director of Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
9. July 1997 - July 1998, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. September 1998 - January 1999, Student, F-16 pilot training, Luke AFB, Ariz.
11. January 1999 - January 2000, Inspector General, 8th Fighter Wing, Kunsan AB, South Korea
12. January 2000 - August 2002, Operations Officer, 309th Fighter Squadron, and Commander, 425th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
13. August 2002 - June 2003, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
14. June 2003 - August 2005, Deputy Chief, Joint Operations Division (CENTCOM), Joint Operations Directorate (J3), and executive assistant to the assistant to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
15. August 2005 - March 2007, Vice Commander, 42nd Air Base Wing, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
16. March 2007 - August 2008, Commander, 42nd Air Base Wing, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
17. September 2008 - July 2009, Chief, Combat Forces Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Plans and Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
18. July 2009 - April 2010, Chief, Program Integration Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Strategic Plans and Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
19. April 2010 - May 2012, Commander, 9th Reconnaissance Wing, Beale AFB, Calif.
20. June 2012 – July 2013, Commander, 380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia
21. July 2013 – April 2014, Chief of Staff, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
22. April 2014 – present, Vice Commander, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
June 2003 - August 2005, Deputy Chief, Joint Operations Division (CENTCOM), Joint Operations Directorate (J3), and executive assistant to the assistant to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C., as a lieutenant colonel
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 3,600
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38A, AT-38B, F-111D, F-111F, F-16C/D, RQ-4A/B, U-2S and KC-10
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Distinguished Flying Cross with "V" device
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal